Sunday, May 3, 2015

May 3, 2015 - A Typecast From the Olivetti Lexikon 80



A small sample of the influx of machines from the past couple of months...

Olivetti Lexikon 80 (thanks to a typeOsphere benefactor!)

A wonderful, 1 owner, *early* Smith-Corona Galaxie is glorious orange!


Another 1-owner machine, purchased new in the 1950s. I love the gray & maroon of this Olympia SM-3.

Traded for this 1940's Royal Aristocrat, and it is held in high esteem! These are great machines.

A pretty rare find in Ohio - a QWERTZ keyboard Torpedo desktop typer.

A Vari-Typer that a customer traded to me for service. I like those kinds of deals!

Another rare find in Ohio, a very French (they told us this 3 times on the body) AMC in lovely 2-tone.

A very early Underwood 3-bank typer that I have had ZERO time to work on. :-(

Sears & Roebuck 2-tone green Remington 2 (variant). One of 70,000.

The super-cool Underwood tripod case. I love this thing!

8 comments:

  1. I'm curious, what is the serial number on the Underwood 3-bank?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some fine looking typewriters. You're lucky to get the Underwood with the tripod case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Lexikon 80 is a dead ringer for mine, in other words, equally awesome! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that if strategically placed around the Earth, sufficient Lexikons could affect not only the plane's magnetic field but the axis's tilt as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I know what color the Galaxie is. It's the same color as Paul Varjak's machine in Breakfast at Tiffany's:
    http://munk.org/typecast/2015/07/19/breakfast-at-tiffanys-paul-varjaks-typewriter/
    I think it's "Apache Tan" (a color only available on Galaxies prior to 6T363650 [1965])

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, probably pinned it down, try "Hunter Red" on for size, and see if it fits your Galaxie. Found that color name in a 1960 issue of Boy's Life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sold, Ted. This one looks red : http://youtu.be/I2WfJGJDTb4

      But mine in more orange.

      Delete